Wattsson & Wattsson Jewelers COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan
In accordance with MIOSHA and MDHHS policies, Wattsson & Wattsson Jewelers, Inc institutes this COVID-19 Preparedness and Response Plan. The following excerpt from our plan explains what we expect from our customers, and what you can expect from us.
We aim to protect by enacting all appropriate prevention efforts. Wattsson & Wattsson Jewelers is continually monitoring guidance from local, state, and federal health officials and implementing workplace and Plan modifications where appropriate.
Our expectations for customers
- Masks or face coverings are required inside of the store. If you don't have a mask or face covering, we will provide you with a paper mask.
- If you are medically unable to use a mask or face covering, please utilize curbside service or set up an appointment. Please let us know you can't wear a mask when you set up your appointment so we can have a station ready for you.
- Maintain physical distancing of 6 ft when possible.
- When working with an associate, keep the sneeze guard between you and the associate.
- Gently deposit your piece of jewelry or watch into a tray to allow for no contact between staff and your piece.
- If your ring is stuck, let us know. Windex is a great tool to get a stuck ring off. If the windex doesn't work, Chris can cut it off with specialty cutters. Under no circumstance should you lick your finger to remove your ring.
- We will not be changing watch batteries or providing check and cleaning on porous stone pieces. Please let us know if you have questions about your piece.
- Hand sanitizer is provided throughout the store.
- Please utilize the floor markings when waiting at the counter for an available associate.
- If you're feeling sick, stay home.
- Be kind, be patient, and have fun. Operating in a pandemic is new to us, too. We're doing our best to keep you safe and take exceptional care of your jewelry.
Cleanliness and Social Distancing
We abide by the recommended social distancing and other safety measures:
- Large gatherings are minimized whenever possible; staff meetings will adhere to the social distancing guidelines.
- Employees are encouraged to maintain physical distance even when on break, as well as before and after working hours; this includes the coat room, break room, shipping area. Only 1 employee will be allowed in break room at a time.
- Employees are required to maintain physical distance when reporting to work, clocking in, leaving work, and clocking out.
- Employees’ work stations are no fewer than six feet apart and are assigned at the beginning of the shift for the day.
- Employees are required to wear a non-medical grade cloth mask. Masks are provided.
- We may utilize flexible work hours, wherever possible, to limit the number of employees simultaneously working on-site. Please be patient.
- Employees’ interactions with the general public are modified to allow for additional physical space between parties - sneeze guard stations have been set up to allow for safe jewelry viewing when physical distance can't be kept.
- Non-essential travel is postponed or cancelled.
In addition, Wattsson & Wattsson is instituting the following cleanliness measures:
- Performing routine environmental cleaning and disinfection, especially of common areas; and
- Where available, providing hand sanitizer in high-traffic areas.
Employees are expected to minimize COVID-19 exposure by:
- Cleaning work stations at the beginning and end of each shift;
- Avoiding, when possible, the use of other employees’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment; No non-management staff will be permitted in management offices;
- Frequently washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Wear a non-medical grade cloth mask;
- Utilizing hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable;
- Avoiding touching their faces with unwashed hands;
- Avoiding handshakes or other physical contact;
- Avoiding close contact with sick people;
- Practicing respiratory etiquette, including covering coughs and sneezes;
- Immediately reporting unsafe or unsanitary conditions;
- Complying with our daily screening processes;
- Seeking medical attention and/or following medical advice if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms; and
- Complying with self-isolation or quarantine orders.
If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback, you can call Chris at 906-228-5775 or email email@example.com