Looking for ideas for an evening out? We've put together a list of fun date night ideas in Marquette. We asked our social media followers what their favorite date night is, and these are their responses:
- A delicious dinner at a local restaurant - the Vierling got a lot of love and was listed a number of times as a great date location. Elizabeth's Chophouse, Steinhaus, Digs, Donckers, the Delft, Iron Bay, Vango's, and Applebees were also mentioned as great date locations.
- Visit the Planetarium - the Shiras Planetarium has special shows happening throughout the year.
- Catch a live music performance - a number of people recommended Ore Dock Brewing Company as a great place to see live music. We also heard the Marquette Symphony Orchestra concert is a fun way to spend an evening.
- Get outside - winter date ideas included skiing at Marquette Mountain and Blueberry Ridge. Summer sunsets and beach nights under the stars were mentioned as warmer weather ideas.
- Go axe throwing - Timber Yeti Axe Range is an indoor axe throwing range in the Westwood Mall.
- Break out of an Escape Room - Our neighbor Escape Marquette has four themed rooms that you can try to escape.
- Get pierced - Matching piercings are a fun way to show your commitment to each other. Aurora Piercing Boutique is THE place to get a new piercing.
- Try the pottery wheel - Hotplate has pottery wheels! Watching the 1980s classic Ghost before or after is optional.
- Learn a new cooking style - Both Marquette Food Co-Op and Provisions offer cooking classes.
- Relax with a Sauna - we're hearing that Second Street Sauna is the place to warm up and relax.
- Explore a Farmers Market - lots of couples are shopping local together for their produce and meats at the Downtown Marquette, Negaunee, and Skandia Farmers Markets.
Have other ideas? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook or Instagram. We'll update the list as we hear your ideas!